听说过Dovydas吗?

• Author

David, there’s an awesome musician down your way in Sarasota, Florida.

Acoustic, electric, 6 string, 7 string. You name it, he can pick it up and rip out an improvised song on the fly. Has a Go Pro recording everything he plays.

He also presents a fascinating case study in marketing.

When Covid hit last year, he had to pivot quickly, so he started broadcasting live Youtube jam sessions from home, daily. Then when things opened up again, he started playing on the street. People started to notice.

我们n best band at the International Blues Comp too.

The crowds on the street are small, but he posts his performances to Youtube and that’s where his real audience is. His Youtube subscriber numbers have jumped by 100,000 in the last month alone. Now, just shy of 1 million. And his viewer numbers are bonkers!

He has created a massive snowball effect. He’s done the hard yards, put in the work, and now, this thing has just grown a life of its own. Guitar companies are throwing guitars at him. People from all over the world are popping in and tracking him down to watch him play.

It demonstrates that consistency pays off and that if you have a bit of personality and a bit of talent, people will find you!

I also like his simple approach. His About page says: “I make music”. Understatement!

Anyway, his name is Dovydas (originally from Lithuania) andthis is his channel.

I hope you don’t mind me sharing. I realise this has nothing to do with WordPress or blogging directly, but it’s surprising where marketing ideas and inspiration can sometimes come from, hey?

• July 23, 2021 at 3:34 am#3531355

Never heard of him. Cool story!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.