Facebook Leads vs landing page conversions

• Author

I ran 2 campaigns on facebook for my lead magnet. One is facebook lead generation campaign for getting leads other is same lead magnet but a conversion campaign on a landing page. I allocate equal budget for both campaigns (200 INR ($5.35)) daily.

But the conversions have huge difference in numbers. It has been 3 days and my lead ads are performing much better than landing page conversion campaign, lead magnet being same and ad being same too. Its reach is low also so less visible results.

Let me tell you numbers for both:

Type: Lead Ads

Cost per lead: 18.66INR ($0.25)

Link clicks: 54

Lead : 39

Conversion % = 72%

Daily budget: 200 INR($5.35)

Type: Conversions(Landing page)

Cost per lead: 38.6 INR ($0.52)

Link clicks: 34

Results: 18

conversion % = 53%

Daily budget: 200 INR($5.35)

Is this because of facebook users mobile device usage? Why reach for second ad is low hence affecting conversions? Should I wait more like for a week? Since I am beginner, I don’t want to waste money and want to use it judicially. I also know for making offer later, I have to eventually use conversions ad. So please tell where I could be wrong. Is budget too low for it?

• August 19, 2020 at 1:36 am#3022913

If you dive deeper into the results, you can see the placements on both ads. So, you’d be able to see how much of the conversion ad is on mobile.

Also, I’m not really surprised that a lead ad is converting better. I would expect it to. The email address is already pre-filled for them and it is very mobile friendly. Compare that to where they have to leave Facebook and then it is up to you to have a mobile-friendly landing page. They also have to enter their email manually.

When you tell Facebook your campaign goal, it is going to show that ad to the people they think are more likely to do it. That could result in a lower reach on one ad.

So, basically, nothing you’ve said here is surprising. You’re running a split test. And clearly the Lead Ad is working better. I would say you try to generate at least 100 leads before shutting it off… just for sample size and to show a meaningful test result. But, as it is now, it looks to be like your Lead Ad will be the winner and probably where you should put most of your budget.

Also, you don’t necessarily need a conversion ad later for offers. If they’re on your list, you can make offers via email.

• August 19, 2020 at 1:36 am#3022917

Thanks, then if lead ads are winner, I will use them for future campaigns after I complete 100 leads target. I guess I will generate 100 leads till 23 Aug (My campaingn end date.)

• August 19, 2020 at 1:36 am#3523414

Hi Kriti,

David’s right on the money. Lead Ads will definitely generate more leads & have a higher conversion rate. The only thing to be mindful of is that it may not generate ‘higher quality’ leads compared with your landing page, since the landing page requires more effort to sign up, which indicates higher intent.

Also, lead ads don’t bring any traffic to your website, which means if you have a Facebook pixel installed, you lose out on being able to do remarketing later.

Lastly, I’m not sure what type of audience you’re going after, but if you’re running a conversion campaign to a ‘cold audience’ (an audience that is seeing your brand or lead magnet for the first time) then it will most certainly be more expensive.

你的广告应该考虑到鹿e of the sales funnel your customer is in. And a conversion campaign is really a bottom-of-funnel campaign. Facebook conversion campaigns are based on conversion events you’ve set up on your website, and how much data Facebook has gathered for that event.

If they don’t have a lot of data points, then for sure it’s going to be more expensive.

Let me know if you need any more help with your campaigns.

Happy to support.

Cheers.

• August 19, 2020 at 1:36 am#3523698

倪ce I haven’t thought about it in depth. Yes my audience was cold audience. Since I am a beginner, I have no idea about the sales funnel and anything related to funnel. I was just testing my lead magnet with this facebook ad and hence trying to understand their problems they are facing after bringing them on my list.

I must admit I haven’t thought about remarketing and sales as of now because currently I am focusing on product market fit and how to engage my audience through email marketing. But yes I will keep your point in mind that Facebook landing page ads generates more quality leads than lead ads….

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.