How to move public content from one site to another

• Author

Hello David,

At the beginning of July, you explain that the LAB becomes the one and only BMA site: no more blog on one side and LAB on the other.

And for that, you moved the public content from the blog (the old one) to the LAB, including all the blog posts, main pages, etc.

What tool did you use?… Because I can’t imagine you did it by hand The import and export proposed by WordPress?

Thanks in advance!

• August 11, 2021 at 12:37 pm#3531478

Yep, just the built-in export/import tool. I only used it for blog posts, tho. The core pages needed to be re-built because I was no longer using Thrive.

• August 11, 2021 at 12:37 pm#3531482

One more question…

Once everything was OK on the LAB, i.e. in app.blogmarketingacademy.com, how did you switch to//www.imyungdo.com/?

By doing a global export/import of the wordpress (with a plugin like Duplicator, by hand, … ) ?

By pointing the DNS of//www.imyungdo.comto the directory of the app.blogmarketingacademy.com site (with a little search/replace from app to www)?

Translated withhttp://www.DeepL.com/Translator(free version)

• August 11, 2021 at 12:37 pm#3531545

I simply changed the domain on the “app” site to be the main domain. I didn’t move anything around. I changed the primary domain in Cloudways for the site and it was done.

• August 11, 2021 at 12:37 pm#3532311

I am also in the process of combining the public and private sites into one public site. Easier to manage and more efficient for the members.

I had problems to move the articles. The export / import by the integrated tool of WordPress did not work. Even when doing by month, to lighten the files, some articles were not imported. I don’t know why…

我尝试了一些插件。最简单、最三维ent ones I found are Advanced Export and Advanced Import. They are free. You can find them on the WordPress repository. And for comments, I used WordPress Comments Import & Export. Free on the WordPress repository.

If it can help other people

Next big step: changing the domain name…

• August 11, 2021 at 12:37 pm#3533129

A quick message to give some news about my project

Job done !

Everything is merged into a single site. No more public site and member site. Only one site with a private area.

I had to do a big search and replace in the WordPress database (plugin Better Search Replace) to change the URL. And everything worked fine.

Next steps: creation of free contents for members and creation of a first product.

• August 11, 2021 at 12:37 pm#3533132

Nice! Well done on getting the job done.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.